Thursday, December 25, 2008

BLUE BOTTLE TREE











With some extra time on my hands this Christmas, I decided to take on a nostalgic project. When my Grandma Connolly past on, she had a blue bottle tree in her yard. She had a blue bottle tree in every house she ever lived in. It was even in a Arizona Highway issue one year. Every one of her children and grandchildren cherished the bottles from her tree. I have collected many since her passing and took hers and mine and made the cutest little blue bottle tree. I felt her spirit all around me as I sang and laughed and created this happy piece of timber and glass. I hope she is looking down from heaven and appreciates my attempt to emulate her mystical and magical life. The bottle painting was done by Tim Perkins. He gave me the painting and I made the drift wood frame at the same time I made the tree. They both sit in my kitchen window. When it's my turn to do the dirty dishes, I look at my little blue bottle tree and realize that doing the dishes ain't that bad! TODD/ Christmas 2008

5 comments:

sherry said...

My favorite part is the heart carved on the tree with yours and Kim's initials. I love it!

JeNeale said...

The tree is fantastic! I can't wait to see it in person someday. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Love you all!

Patrice said...

What a neat legacy! I'm glad I found your blog!

Hardwick Family said...

Looks great! Surprised to see you bloging!

Holly Janeen said...

you have a blog!!! and i FOUND YOU!!! hooray :)
hope all is well with you... i guess i can check back and keep up to speed with your adventures, now... yay!